Ericsson Widget Awards is a global competition to inspire both aspiring programmers and hardcore coders to come up with fun, useful and engaging widgets for mobile devices. Show off your creativity and compete for a total prize pool of 30,000 EURO and a trip to Sweden for the prize ceremony in April.
You only need basic skills in HTML, Java and CSS to let your creativity loose and make a fun, useful, useless or just nutty widget. If you manage to charm the jury, you just might be the one to win!
The total prize sum is 30,000 EURO! See the rules of the competition at www.ericsson.com/widgetawards. Please submit your contributions before the submission deadline March 1 2011. Start making your widget and register to the competition today
- Register to the competition
- Define your idea for a widget. What is a widget?
- Develop the widget. Read Opera Mobile Widgets development process on how to get started.
- Test your Widget on Opera Widgets Mobile Emulator.
- Submit your widget here
The advantages to the developers/companies other than the prize money will include:
- Visibility and promotion
- Possibility to distribute apps in selected markets on commercial basis – e.g. revenue share
- Insight into new technologies and trends