JKUAT/MIT AITI-x Java Mobile Application Development Course
The JKUAT/MIT AITI-x Java Mobile Application Development Course is the first course under the JKUAT Endeavor Programme. It is an extension of the MIT AITI Mobile Application Development Course. Its main objective is to teach students how to develop real-world mobile applications targeted to the African market.
The course will be conducted at Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology Main campus in Juja. The course will be offered to 30 students who have been selected from the various IT courses offered at the University.
- Intermediate Java concepts (Generics, Threads, Information Pull, Regular expressions)
- J2ME Programming (Basic Concepts, User Interface Elements)
- SMS Applications (Basic Concepts, Sending & receiving SMS messages using USB GSM Modems)
- Android Applications (Basic Concepts, User Interface design)
- Group Mobile Application Development
- Mobile Application Competition & Guest Lectures
In addition to the mobile application programming technical curriculum, the course seeks to build entrepreneurial skills by incorporating guest lecturers with expertise in the Kenyan technology market.
- Samuel Kamochu
- Isaac Oteyo
- Andrew Kinai
- Location: Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology, Juja, Kenya (SCC105 & SCC101)
- Dates: September 15 – October 15 (On Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays)
- Time: 5pm – 7pm
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org